The winners of the fox art prize | Clive Hicks-Jenkins' Artlog:

2 October 2012

the winners of the fox art prize | Clive Hicks-Jenkins' Artlog:: "An artwork needs to earn its keep. I’m not interested in art as wallpaper, so comfortable to live with that it ceases to be any more than decoration. I want to be moved by art, confronted, irritated even. I expect it to call out continually. I want to look at it and have it look right back, ask questions of me, lay down a challenge, demand attention."

This is a direct quote from one of the blogs I follow.  Clive does not do textiles but he does wonderful illustrations which I really love.  And this quote sorts of sums it up in many ways for me (and I do hope Kit Lang and Annabel Rainbow drop by, because this applies to them and is why they are among my heroes!  Clive just managed to express it better than it did!)

Any way, he recently curated an exhibition in Jersey and these are the competition results and I thought they were worth sharing.

Enjoy!
'via Blog this'

4 comments

  1. thank you! That is what I aim to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just dropped by too...thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annabel - my pleasure. I love your work (and Kit's). It's the way you use a cosy medium such as quilting and then hit someone right between the eyes with it!

      So keep up the good work! (and fab review by the way on your latest post!)

      Delete

I love to receive your comments - so please say hello. I have just been brave and turned the word verification off. Lets hope those spammy gate crashers don't get in!

Latest Instagrams

© Living to work - Working to live. Design by FCD.